Friday, December 28, 2007

14 Hour session

Yesterday I went to a all day live poker game with some work colleagues. It started at 13:00 and we finished at 03:00 the next morning, it was a long but enjoyable day.

We got through 7 regular games plus 1 'big' game at the end. The big game at the end consisted of a larger buyin, plus small addons that was accrued throughout the 7 previous games, which resulted in a whopping 18xbuyin winner takes all pot.

My results were very good indeed, much better than any other nights for the past few months.

We only play winner takes all, so second place is no good. We also allow just a single rebuy so the final pot varies.

I won the second game which resulted in me winning 6x my buyin.
On the 6th game there were only 3 of us, and I went all in and both the other players called and I knocked them out (can't remember what I had). Just as I was picking up my money they stated they both had a rebuy left. Ours rules say that you can have your rebuy whenever you want, even if your are heads up and get knocked out, if you havn't used your rebuy you can still at this point.
Just so happens that both the players had a rebuy left, so it was back to 3 of us. Obviously I had a very big chip lead over them so I just went all in blind. They both called and I yet again knocked them out.
I won 7x my buyin on this game.

On the big game, I did really really well and got very very very lucky on way more than my fair share. There's 8 of us playing and I busted at least 5 players.

A pivotal hand for me was when I was dealt AT hearts, I was going to make a raise but a guy to my right raises instead so I called him. Someone after me called too and there were three of us in the hand.
Flop comes 5h 5d 9h, guy on my right pauses and my read was that he missed the flop but was holding a pocket pair. He decides to go all in, which was a good 90% of my stack.
So I'm just sitting there knowing that I am behind if I call, on the other hand if I could hit a heart I would bust him out and get a major chip lead to everyone else.
I decided to gamble and I called him, and then the guy after me was in the same situation as I was, and after a lengthy pause he folds.

I flipped over my AT hearts and he flips pocket 8's.

Turn is a black 9 (guy on my left slaps his head, because he folded K9), river is a 4.... of hearts.

I won my self a huge pot.

The rest of the game kinda followed suit, all my big pots I won because I hit the river

The finally when I was heads up  to a LAG player, I offered him 5x the buyin and call it quits and he declines.
Next hand I had pockets 5's and he goes all in before me, and I insta-called. He shows KT and hits a T on the turn, right before I hit another 5 on the river.

No comments: