Sunday, December 16, 2007

First Post

So this is the start of my poker blog.

A little bit of history to get things going.

I have been an online player for a couple years. Within a couple of months playing online I managed to win my first 180 man MTT. This was a big deal for me and it clouded my judgment in poker, to a degree that I lost all my winnings over a 2 year period.

Now I didn't play high stakes or anything, far far from it but I was playing with just a small bankroll mainly for fun. And as time went by I slowly realized I wasn't as good as I thought I was. I got a lucky win and that skewed my ego.

After I lost my bankroll to what I originally started with 2 years ago I dropped out of online poker altogether, happy with myself that I had a blast for 2 years with no actual loss in profits.

And it all came down to when I started playing live.

Live and online are two complete opposite type of poker. After playing for a few weeks at live games, I started to detest sitting on a online poker table.. I just cant be bothered to sit for 2 or 3 hours clicking a couple little buttons.

When I play live however, its a complete different game. Its the social aspect that really improves the quality of a single poker session.

I even have a drink when I play live, because even though we are playing for money, its all in a completely friendly environment that its not the money that matters, but the pure fun.

This blog will hopefully be updated with some stories from my weekly live games.

No comments: