Tuesday, December 18, 2007

$3.30+R

Its not very often I play rebuy tournaments because I don't like the first hour, but last night I played my first online game for several weeks, and because I was off work I decided to join a rebuy tournament as I had the time to invest in it.

It was a pretty good macth for the first hour. I decided to play it tight and very agressive, i.e only all in or fold.

I had some monster starting hands like pocket aces but unfortunately I only had 1 caller and that was for half my stack, still an improvement though.

I had a couple buyins after some beats and at the end of the hour I ended up with 6k in chips after the addon. Not as much as I wanted but I decided to play in a standard TAG style.

40 minutes later I was around 12k in chips and doing very well until a player made a 5xBB raise when I had AJ. I called him and we were heads up. The flop came out 3s Js Kd and the villain bets 2k in chips, I called him and 4th street turned a Qs.
I messed up here because the villain checked and I checked behind him (I had him down for AQ, QQ). The river came as a 9c and villain bets 2k in chips again, I called and lost when villain flipped over T6.

He said to me in the chat box I should of went all in on the turn and he would have folded, but to be honest I sure didn't expect him to pre-flop raise with T6.

A few hands later I was all in with AJ vs AA, and I hit a runner runner straight, and the hand later I raised with pocket kings and then was all in on a Qd 4s Jd flop and was called when villain flipped over pocket 4's for a set which knocked me out of the tournament.

Overall I think I did pretty well, the AJ vs T6 hand knocked me for six but I believe I was all in at the right points and it was just down to the cards if I was going to be staying in or not.

No comments: