Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Results from previous Friday

Played my weekly friday night live poker game last week.

Did quite poorly to start off with and felt myself going on a little bit of tilt, I also was drinking some beer which definately didn't help.

A new guy turned up. I usually don't like playing against the new people because I don't know how they play, and it became even more apparent when I ended up heads up against him.

In the one hand I hit bottom pair with just a 3, and I was ready to push all in at this point but he did it before me. I had him dominated in chip stack so I decided to call and see what info I could get off him. Turned out he had a 3 too but with a higher kicker. So at least I knew he would be willing to gamble with bottom pair.

He eventually took most my chip stack with a lucky river, and although he had me dominated in chips he offered to split the cash prize which I accepted. I think he done that because It had ran out of money on the night and needed some more to play the next big game.

The big game I had 100% focus, I stopped drinking (like it actually matters now), and we all start with more chips than usual. This is my prime game, I like starting with many chips and I like the payout at the end.

I think I played my best on that game, and although I went very low on chips (around 2.5x BB), I climbed my way back up until I was just heads up with .... the big time gambler.

This guy caused me problems. On the previous hands, I could NOT make him fold regardless on what I did. And to make things worse, he had played around 90% of his hands. And what made it even more worse was that he kept on hitting his cards, and was playing very very agressive.
Only once I made him fold and that when I had Pocket 2's on a 3 handed pot.

Well eventually it was just me and him, and unbeknown to me we had exactly equal chip count (because I would have initiated 50/50 split pot) and I was dealt 22 again. He calls the small blind and I push in, he shrugs his shoulders and says call.

I had won pockets 2's threes time in a row and I just knew I wouldn't win again, so I got up ready to leave.
I didn't look at the table and decided to watch the audience reactions.

I heard them gasp and say "he hit is 9" when the turned came over and I just shook his hand and said good game.

I was gutted but I wasn't going to be angry, I was in the lead when I pushed and I was unfortunate that he called with 9 something and hit it on 4th street.

Thats Poker.

No comments: