Saturday, January 12, 2008

Aces all round

What a weird night last night at my weekly poker game.

I did pretty well overall even though I never win a game, the best game was the first where I was heads up with even in chip stack.

I was button and villian calls the small blind, I pushed with 62s, I was having some fun and was fully expecting him to fold, until he calls and flips over Pocket Aces!

Silly mistake from me there.

Speaking of Pocket Aces... it was the night of aces. I counted 9 times pocket aces where dealt throughout the night which is very unusual (its usually just 1 or 2 times they appear), and I heard someone hit quad aces when I wasn't paying attention to the game becuase I was knocked out.

I have had to resort to play some weaker hands than I normally do, and hopefully I have put the idea into the other payers heads that I have become loose, im a well known TAG player. These guys I play against are big time gamblers, they its very hard to make people fold, so 80% of the players are LAG or just loose.

Its actually turning out quite well for me, but still am adjusting my poker play slightly each weak to try and take advantage of weaknesses of the other players.

No comments: